Wednesday 24 November 2010

just a thought...

Tonight is just one of those nights where I have decided to switch my brain off early.

Surfed a few sites and TV channels and found nothing remotely interesting to me... and for some reason I am fed up with all the technology that surrounds me but doing nothing for me on an evening like this one...

So I decided to call it a night as I felt like listening to a bit or radio and read a bit by my bed side, like I used to all those years ago...

One word came to my mind: FAIL!

I wanted to listen to the radio and found the Wi-Fi enabled iPod being left at work and prolly flat too... so next, I enabled Virtual Radio on my SE W995 Symbian mobile on it's docked speakers, and oh yes, within a couple of searches I got fed up it's incredibly rubbish sound and tired of looking for a decent preset channel.... so that wasn't working for me.

Now if I open my lap top I know I would end up pressing more buttons than listening, going from channel to channel and eventually I end up reading nothing and getting all mighty mad at my noisy HP Entertainment Laptop!...sigh... If only I had a simple radio next to me with no glaring back light, clicking hard drives, whirring fans and flashing led's all over the place... Oh wait... I got an idea... let me dig out my 1950's Philips valve radio...

Sorted!

I now have warm sounds and since it can only pick up a hand full of channels, I quickly settled on one... and the room is faintly lit by the FM dial back-lit by a genuine filament bulb!

Nostalgia? Definitely!
Happy? Yup!
Did it keep me awake? I'll tell you in the morn..........................


No comments:

Post a Comment