Friday 2 October 2009

Back on the shelf...

While thinking about projects, I recall in the past I toyed with a clam shell shaped design, with a grill, milled from solid block for a smaller unit. Most of our stuff have been pretty straight and angular, so perhaps a dabble in the curved world isn't so bad... after all, the planet isn't flat right?

The only problem I have with rounded shapes is that they seem to age rather quickly, and often get the "Retro" tag which can work for or against it. Anyway the concept went on until when I got back from China and Haider shown me the PURE Sensia which pretty much knocked it on the head for me.

Other than that there are still remaining concerns that it may not be small enough and for some maybe a bit too retro. Personally, I just don't want it to look like a retro fan heater!

No comments:

Post a Comment